I had a Vader helmet when they first came out. Looked cool, but the visor cutout and faceplate were perfectly designed to blow the jet stream right into your eyes. They offered a foam sealing kit (at extra cost), but that kept the visor from clipping down. Lesson learned: function over form, please.
Puts me in mind of the first Bell full-coverage helmets and the tiny aperture through which the wearer peeked, like the door minder at a speakeasy. Peripheral vision curtailed to what seemed like a lethal degree. --rats
I had a Vader helmet when they first came out. Looked cool, but the visor cutout and faceplate were perfectly designed to blow the jet stream right into your eyes. They offered a foam sealing kit (at extra cost), but that kept the visor from clipping down. Lesson learned: function over form, please.
ReplyDeleteBeing a smoker I never thought about a full faced helmet, I road with a windshield, just old school.
ReplyDeletePuts me in mind of the first Bell full-coverage helmets and the tiny aperture through which the wearer peeked, like the door minder at a speakeasy. Peripheral vision curtailed to what seemed like a lethal degree.
ReplyDelete--rats