Found this British-made black finish wrench in my overflowing wrench drawer, it stood out from the rest, it's a nice tool. They were made by T. Williams of Birmingham and were apparently supplied in various vehicle tool kits, but the "superslim" name isn't just a trademark, it is indeed quite thin, about 7mm- when a standard 7/8" (across flats) nut is about 1/2" tall. It's a keeper.
Ad from 1962






I bought my Williams OE spanners in the late 70's and I've still got them . The 8/10mm and 12/14mm spanners have obvious wear and tear marks but otherwise they're looking good. Mine are chrome plated . I think the 13/15 was saved because I've always had a pair of 13mm combination OES spanners . An awesome find nonetheless .
ReplyDeleteNothing nicer than well-used quality tools.
ReplyDeleteI have a set of those black Superslims; kind of assimilated them off my dad when I got into mechanical things, along with some Britool ring spanners.
ReplyDeleteI think he bought them to try to fix car things when he was skint, and very quickly discovered that that wasn't his world! D.