Nice old drill press seen at Liberty Tool in Maine. The "Driver Line" logo refers to a popular, lower-priced line of shop machinery manufactured by the Walker-Turner Company during the 1930s and 1940s.
I've just had a long conversation with Google AI about it doubling down on manifest falsehoods. It said it was trained to present things in a "fluid and convincing manner" even when "hallucinating" them (actually a technical term). Not to say this was the case...
2 comments:
I thought I saw hints of "Companion" in that press and sure enough AI says they were marketed by Sears under the Companion name.
I've just had a long conversation with Google AI about it doubling down on manifest falsehoods. It said it was trained to present things in a "fluid and convincing manner" even when "hallucinating" them (actually a technical term).
Not to say this was the case...
Post a Comment