Sunday, May 25, 2014
Canadian Pacific #29
Canadian Pacific #29 was built in Sept 1887 by the CPR shops as #390. In 1912 it was modernized, rebuilt, renumbered and put back into service. The locomotive lasted till the end of the steam era, spending its last years in New Brunswick running on branchlines where bridge restrictions gave it a new lease on life. Its last run under steam was in 1960, giving it a working life of 73 years. Number 29 was preserved first at Expo Rail at Delson, Quebec and later moved to Calgary where it is on display looking thoroughly out of place in front of the CP headquarters.