Alfred Angas Scott of the Scott motorcycle company was responsible for this oddball. He started the motorcycle company in 1907 but left in 1915 to form the Scott Autocar company. In this capacity he designed a machine gun carrier based on the motorcycle/sidecar layout. The armed forces did not adopt his design and so after the war Scott adapted it into this asymmetrical 2 seater as cheap practical transportation. Handling must have been suspect as the right side wheels were in line and the 2 cylinder 2 stroke engine was center mounted.
This strange-looking vehicle was not a sales success, apparently only 100-200 were made during 3 years of production. The company folded in 1924.
|Images from The Classic Motor Cycle, Jan 1989|
Engine was a liquid cooled two stroke twin
|Aug 89 issue, The Classic MotorCycle|