Monday, April 2, 2018

Grand tank clamp

I can't find any info online on this very heavy C-type clamp featuring a large capacity. Considering the limited travel of the screw compared to the depth of the frame, it appears to have been made for a specific use but the name "tank clamp" does not provide enough of a clue for me. Ideas welcomed!


kevin said...

Did you find info? If not I can help. They are used by welders typically for pipe welding and usually government shipyards are full of them. I have like 10 of these from father I law when he worked in nn shipyard

Mister G said...

Thanks for the information! They must come in specific sizes to suit different size situations. I would not have guessed from the name.