Saturday, November 16, 2013

Vanished Tool Makers: Basic "C" Company, Baroda, Michigan



An oscillating sander attachment for an electric drill, likely from the 'Fifties.  The unusually-named Basic "C" Company seems to have made a number of attachments for drills, including power saws and sabre saws, before companies started producing these as single-purpose tools.  The firm has since vanished into obscurity, a state that the town of Baroda seems to continue to enjoy.


Handy Man's Carpentry Guide, Fawcett Books No. 264, 1953.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

How much do you think these tools are worth?

Unknown said...

How much do you think these tools are worth?

Graham Clayton said...

The Basic C Company made wood turning lathes, jigs & circular saws, sanders and joiners which could be operated off a drill. They stayed in business at least up to the mid-1980's.

66Gladiator said...

Would anyone be interested in a apparently functional Basic C Planer for the cost of the ride?
It was my Grandfather's (I'm 55 for reference) but i have no use for it and would hate to put it in the scrap metal bin.

Unknown said...

I have a small work shop that is more like a hobby. I am interested in any tools that I can find. I lost almost all my equipment in a flood.

Unknown said...

I have a planer and circular saw made by Basic "C" Company from the 1950s, just wounding what they might be worth.

Mister G said...

From checking ebay, I'd say not a lot, better to keep using them!

Anonymous said...

I have three pieces of these tools I have a sander a jigsaw and a planer and what are they worth