Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Vanished Tool Makers: K. Miller Tool Company, Springfield, Massachusetts

Two electrician's tools from this company:







I see from the tools that the company was known as the K. Miller Tool Co. out of, and as the K. Miller T&M Company ("Tool and Machine"?) out of Springfield, Massachusetts.

The patent on the second tool was granted in 1957 to K.T. Miller of Longmeadow, Massachusetts, just south of Springfield.

I can't find any information on the history of the company, although it now seems to be part of Ripley Tools out of Cromwell, Connecticut.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I JUST FOUND A PAIR TODAY ... VERY HAPPY
THEY ARE IN GOOD SHAPE !!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post. I have the first tool and have been using it for decades as my only wire cutter/stripper. Curious where it came from, searched the text "K. Miller Tool Co., Westspfld. Mass. Model 100 Model 101-S with spring") and found your blog. Cool to see they made another tool (which I don't have). Looks like Ripley/Miller makes a similar tool to this day, with the same 101-S model number. I'll be sticking to my original K. Miller 101-S.