|Nick and Helma Mika, Railways of Canada, McGraw-Hill Ryerson 1972|
The Shedden was a doubleheader locomotive belonging to the narrow gauge Toronto and Nipissing railway. The railway was intended to link Toronto with the CPR at North Bay. By 1872 the line extended from Scarborough as far as Coboconk. That's as far as it got, the line was taken over by the Midland Railway of Canada.