This ungainly thing was designed as an "express bomber" for the British Air Ministry, the idea being the aircraft could be serviced and reloaded quickly as the high mounted engines could be kept running and would present no danger to the ground crew. It could carry 1500 lbs of bombs at 110 mph. Entering service in 1933, it was already being replaced 3 years later, though some remained in service as trainers as late as 1941. It was the last biplane bomber in British service. None remain today.