The Handley Page Manx was part of a 1939 British government development program on tailless flight, the intent being a heavy defence fighter. The small pusher configuration aircraft was powered (underpowered) by two deHavilland 4 cylinder engines.
Flight characteristics were apparently stable enough though it required constant attention at the controls. However, it was structurally weak and only flew a few times over the entire period of the war. It was revealed to the public immediately after the war and stored until being scrapped in 1952.