Located at 516 Danforth Ave. in Toronto, J.V. and J.W. Conroy operated a motorcycle shop which was the "Dominion Distributors of Ariel, Douglas and Royal Enfield". Looks like the building is still there, but having lost much of its decorative brick work. This was the dealership that attracted J. Graham Oates as he walked down the street soon after he arrived in Toronto in 1927 and led to his Castrol-sponsored ride across Canada. He used an Ariel 500 equipped with sidecar in 1928. There were few roads, so at times he took to the railway tracks. Book here.