Monday, September 14, 2026

Monday Mystery


 Looks like part of some blacksmith or farmer-made device. The handle look worn by hand use, but no idea what they might have been used for. Any ideas?

6 comments:

MARSHALL OVERCLOTH said...

they look like they got mad at each other, putting up their dukes.
I hope one of them doesn't fly off the handle.

Dave said...

This is just a guess, but maybe farmer-made tools for pulling fence wire tight against a post to be stapled.

Mister G said...

That makes sense. Thanks!

meddleshop said...

I think they are for moving/carrying steel plate. You could probably find pics from old ship yards of four strong lads carrying steel with similar tools. the hook goes under the edge of the plate.

Anonymous said...

Something like that was going to be my guess, too -- like, for extracting something big and flat from a stack -- but I kept mum for fear I'd be mocked and driven from the PIF village. --rats

Mister G said...

Not doubting you, but shouldn't the handles be at 90° to facilitate carrying the weight?