Sunday, October 6, 2019

Lockheed Sirius

Colonel and Mrs. Charles Lindbergh in their Lockheed Sirius, one of 15 built, modified with a sliding canopy and Edo floats. The airplane was designed by Jack Northrop and Gerald Vultee (those names might ring a bell) at Lockheed and sold for 23,000 in 1929. After conducting international route surveying flights in 1930 and 1933 for Pan Am, the plane was donated to the American Museum of Natural History in New York. Today it resides at the Smithsonian Museum.

No comments: