Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Monday Mystery

Here's another interesting old device whose use isn't immediately apparent. It took awhile to figure out, the clue being the "Red Devil" name. We'll do a different format and turn it into a multiple choice quiz.
The above device is:
a) an overly complicated 19th century carabiner, named after the Red Devil mountain.
b) a shoe stretcher (competition for the Coulter product).
c) stapler for installing window points

 Answer here.

Update, Red Devil Inc.is alive and well in Pryor Ok. though not making staplers any more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And me thinking I might win a prize by "Answering Here"...
How is Red Devil a clue to... you know... the right answer ?

Vector said...

I would not have known if it hadn't been for the Red Devil clue. The only product I was familiar with from that company was the points they offered. As a kid I found a box of those in a drawer and was stumped on what they were until my dad explained. Seeing this tool and knowing they made those points enabled me to put the two together.

Billy Oleary said...

No prize? No problem!
Would have needed this as a kid,
to fix all those windows I broke!