Saturday, October 7, 2023

Clamp, Strong Scott Manufacturing

 


 Strong Scott Manufacturing, originally located in Minneapolis, MN, manufactured equipment for processing grain and flour.  The company started in the late 1890s but ceased operations in 1967. Their line of equipment was highly regarded for being durable and well-made but doesn't show up in online images much, though catalogs exist. This particular device is a clamp that secured the grain spout of the elevator onto a train car. We'll look for an image of it in use.

Several current companies including Bepex and Gerber of Montana reference Strong Scott as being part of their business and Norseman Distilling proudly occupies their old factory.



Thanks, Terry!






2 comments:

Anna Martin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for you, Mr G.; you've clearly have put together a labour (notice I use the letter "u" like a proper Canuck should😉) of love & I'm here trying to find any info on my Standard Appliance Co. of Toronto Model 351 fan-forced heater.
And now I notice that you have all this extra work trying to manage the SCUM OF THE NINNYNET PARASITES trolling your site with their unwanted SCAMS. I'll bet there isn't even actual Anne Martin, because if there is I would do my best to ensure that she'd either be dead or in jail. Both, preferably.
No sooner do you take down her phishing post at 6:30PM than these PIECES OF SHIT are right back atcha 3 hours later!🤬🤬🤬
I look forward to seeing a "post deleted" notification for Www.scamatlarge1000.com
Cheers!