Friday, August 28, 2026

Fashion Friday, swimming with a horse



  Lone ranger? Knight in- uhmm...- shining armour? I can't get my head around any reason for the appearance of a horse in a bathing suit ad. Can't picture a bunch of suits sitting around a boardroom table, agreeing, "Yup, that's the one."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems kinda racy.

Anonymous said...

He seems mighty cheerful for a man with a misshapen arm and a microcephalic horse*. Also I suspect that the illustrator had a lot of difficulty getting his subjects' hands to come out right.
--rats

* Nice giant human-looking eye on that horse, though.

JP said...

Oh come on, "romance... contour... fits like skin", in that company ?
Just google "hung like...", it's hardlly subliminal. Or is it me ?

Anonymous said...

An early step down the road that led to Joe Camel, then? I'm sure you're right, JP.
rats

Anonymous said...

There was an episode of Mad Men which dealt with this very topic. The argument between Don Draper and his client was how you put more sex into swimwear advertising without offending the Midwestern owners of the company. I don't remember them taking the horse option.