I would no longer have one as my daily rider, it's true. But I just love them, what can I say? I've loved bad women too: it's not subject to rational evaluation. --rats
Now wait a gol-durn minute! I enjoy riding my Commando. It's completely reliable, although I have to admit that I have to take a second to catch my breath after kick starting cold. The rest of the day is 1-2 kicks. As for "parked on the street like a regular bike", I have to remind myself when I ride that it's worth WAY more than my purchase price of 40 years ago.
I have nothing but admiration for anyone who uses any 50 year old machine regularly. I just can't accept that my 82 Katana is 44 years old. It's perfectly viable as a machine..
10 comments:
The art of sticking to an obsolete design by adding complexity.
It's pretty but how you can live with one is beyond me.
I agree, and being 50 years old doesn't make them any more reliable!
I would no longer have one as my daily rider, it's true. But I just love them, what can I say? I've loved bad women too: it's not subject to rational evaluation.
--rats
I think no other bike is catered to for you to spend as much $$$$ as this one to "make it right". One source among many:
https://coloradonortonworks.com/
Now wait a gol-durn minute! I enjoy riding my Commando. It's completely reliable, although I have to admit that I have to take a second to catch my breath after kick starting cold. The rest of the day is 1-2 kicks. As for "parked on the street like a regular bike", I have to remind myself when I ride that it's worth WAY more than my purchase price of 40 years ago.
I thought you were going to say, "remind myself when I ride... to park UPhill".
...UP on top of a hill, mmmkay.
I have nothing but admiration for anyone who uses any 50 year old machine regularly. I just can't accept that my 82 Katana is 44 years old. It's perfectly viable as a machine..
Too mean-spirited to assume it's an Electric Start model ?
Bikes're generally more reliable if they're regularly used. D.
Post a Comment