This interesting and somewhat awkward-looking craft was a 5 place amphibian powered by a Pratt and Whitney Wasp of 300-420 hp. It was intended as a utility-type aircraft and first flew on December 24 1929. Twenty one were built in the three year production run. The aircraft proved successful and versatile, being used for commercially as well as things like Africa exploration and even as a yacht tender. Several remain in museums, as well as one airworthy example at Fantasy of Flight,Polk City, Florida.