The Harbour Commission Building, built on the water in 1910.
Captured German U boat visits the site in 1919
By the mid 1920s the harbour was being filled in as part of the building boom in downtown Toronto and the shoreline became further and further from the building.
|Mike Filey, Look at Us Now: Toronto Sun 1971|
Today, about 300 meters from the lake, completely landlocked and in danger of drowning in the condo developments, it is still an attractive and impressive building.