Frank Rowsome, Trolley car Treasury, Bonanza books, 1956
One of the first electric railways in Canada ran in St Catherines from 1879 till 1882. The track ran from St Catherines to Thorold- a distance of about 5 miles. In 1882 under new ownership, the name was changed (somewhat predictably) to the St Catherines, Merritton and Thorold Street Railway. This 4 wheel car had the motor on the front platform with chain drive to the front wheels.