Wednesday, June 10, 2020

The collector's rule of attraction

I've been known to buy a random part of some vehicle or machine I felt the desire to own on more than one occasion. You wanted a Ducati Desmo 900 and all that was available in your price range was a side cover? Buy it, take it home and think about it often, the rest of the bike will appear. The more parts you have, the stronger the attraction. Its a well known fact.

  Doesn't always work, I picked up this canopy from an Avro CF100 Canuck about a decade ago from the estate of an former antique dealer. I still don't own a complete aircraft...




4 comments:

VectorWarbirds said...

What seems to be the hold up:)

Mister G said...

Hmmmm. Nope, no Canucks on Craigslist... again!

Unknown said...

My Uncle's pipelining company bought surplus CF100 canopies to use for skylights in their shop. I think they still have a dozen spares left. They also bought two CF100s as scrap and they kicked around for about 20 years until they were sold to someone in the states. One was restored and is in flying condition.

Mister G said...

Thanks for the info! I'd like to see a picture of the skylight!