Wednesday, December 22, 2021

More on the low pipe Stinger


Once upon a time (2013, I've been doing this blog THAT long?!!!) I did a post on an usual Suzuki Stinger variation, a low pipe version that wasn't sold here in North America. Apparently it was a real Suzuki, I found bits of info over the years and recently got this email from an owner of one in New Zealand. 
I have found out a bit more.  NZ got these low pipe models but most NZ new T90 & T125 were high pipe models. In the Japan home market, low pipes were often an option ; the small Honda Sports models also could be had with low pipes.  NZ got the Suzuki Japan market bikes, nothing was added here & they arrived in a box with wheels off etc. The Suzuki Stinger & Wolf [T90] are very collectable here & getting harder to find. I was young when these were new & Suzuki absolutely owned the market here then. The AC 50cc Maverick was very popular & also very collectable here now. BTW, that T 125 you show with low pipes has been made up ; not original low pipes [ shape & curve wrong] & has another larger front drum fitted.

My T90 goes very well, just did a big run here with 400 small bikes. Being 2 stroke, they require regular tuning & adjustment, but sound & look great!


Regards

Wayne 

NZ.

3 comments:

rats said...

The high pipes were 62.75 percent of that bike's attraction! I wisht at the time that Suzuki made a, say, 350cc version.

Mister G said...

Oh, I agree! The closest they came was the TC3050- which lost a whole bunch of the attraction. I passed on one of them about 10 years ago at mid Ohio, at that time no one wanted them, and it wasn't quite appealing enough for me to buy it. R
Egrets, I've had a few...

rats said...

Egrets, phaw. I'm a peafowl man, myself.

TC305 images, for other ignorami like me:

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/18553/lot/263/?category=list