That's the long tank I was referring to on the other McEvoy. Aside from Brough, there was also Montgomery and Coventry-Eagle who used big JAP V-twins; probably others, too. I think that the last survivor was Zenith, who were building sidevalve rigid-framed V-twins until the late 1940s - but they'd be for sidecar use, generally.
There was a Blackburne V-twin in the 1920s, but it didn't gain traction. Wider angle. D,
3 comments:
"£140 in 1928 is equivalent in purchasing power to 'about' £11,416.36 today ..." --rats
Source: The Big Online Curiosity-Satisfying Thing (quotemarks added)
That's the long tank I was referring to on the other McEvoy. Aside from Brough, there was also Montgomery and Coventry-Eagle who used big JAP V-twins; probably others, too. I think that the last survivor was Zenith, who were building sidevalve rigid-framed V-twins until the late 1940s - but they'd be for sidecar use, generally.
There was a Blackburne V-twin in the 1920s, but it didn't gain traction. Wider angle. D,
Price is not out of line for the top of the line, faster than most - motorcycles.
Post a Comment