|J A Foster, Heart of Oak, Methuen 1985|
She was launched in December 1942 and commissioned eleven months later. She served around Halifax and on convoy escort duty. After the war she operated as a training vessel until 1959, when she was sold to the Belgian navy where she served until 1969 as F901 Georges Lecointe.
The Port Arthur Shipbuilding Company was started 1n 1909 as Western Drydock and Shipbuilding Company. The yard was acquired by Canada Steamship Lines after the war and closed in 1993.