|Both pictures: Charles Maginley The ships of Canada's Marine Services Vanwell Publishing 2003|
The St. Catherines and Stone Town were built as frigates for the Royal Canadian Navy during WW2. After the war they were converted to weather ships and entered service on the west coast in 1950. They were replaced by purpose-built weather ships in 1967.
Post a Comment