Omer Lavallee; Van Horne's Road, Railfare Books 1974
CPR locomotive , formerly #17 of the Canadian Central Railway poses on the new steel bridge crossing the Sturgeon River west of North Bay. The CCR originally ran from Breton Flats in Ottawa to Carleton Place where it met the Brockville and Ottawa railway. It was pushing westward to Mattawa when the CPR leased it as part of their Trans Canada railway construction in 1881. The photo likely dates from fall of 1882.