The first locomotive ever built by General Motors Diesel in London after the locomotive division came into existence in 1950 was TH&B's GP 7 #71, and it met an untimely fate at Webber Rd, a few miles west of Welland on Feb. 12, 1980. A loaded semi failed to stop and broadsided the locomotive, knocking it into the ditch. Fuel spills resulted in both the truck and locomotive catching fire. The railroad crew survived but the truck driver perished. This view is from the following morning, as a heavy crane positions itself to assist in the attempt to bring #71 back onto its feet; and later it was taken to Hamilton........and eventually the scrapper.