Saturday, August 15, 2020

Saturday socket sorting...



I maintain a mechanics box of tools at two locations plus a portable toolbox, originally set up for appliance repair plus emergency automobile repairs but now a bit heavier. 
I figured it was time to organize the mess. Once I had a full set of deep metric and inch, 1/2" plus 3/8" and 1/4" drive in each box (or close to it), plus in the portable, a set of "important" deep and shallow 3/8 drive and then 1/4, 5/16 /8mm and 11/32" in 1/4" drive - I was left with the box below. It's filled with extra 13/16" and 5/8" sparkplug sockets, 9 and 15mm and countless 7, 9 and 11/32" sockets. I could probably count how many of each and determine the amount of full sets I have bought over the decades.
 I've recently found a use for 15 and 18mm when I bought a 2002 Mini, but has anyone ever used a 9 mm socket for anything? Need a few?

 

5 comments:

Dave said...

If you find any 5.5 mms don't chuck 'em. One day you'll need that size.

Mister G said...

I found 2 of them and set them aside. 5.5 mm converts to .217", 7/32" to .219" I'll save the 5.5mm to deal with corroded 7/32 nuts!

Anonymous said...

How about Whitworth sockets?

Mister G said...

The Whitworth sockets and wrenches have their own drawer. I only have the one Triumph, and they don't come out often!

Anonymous said...

Gah. I hope I never have projects that need anything remotely like what you have....