Monday, July 27, 2026

Billings Life-Time M-2022 wrench

This appears to be a tappet wrench, 1/2" on one end, 5/16" on the other. made by Billings and Spencer probably in the 1930s. No information turns up when I do a Google search. According to Alloy Artifacts, the Triangle B logo was registered in 1905, The Life-Time brand name 1928.



 

5 comments:

Dave said...

Alloy Artifacts says the M-2XXX series were what they called "obstruction wrenches" (scroll down to "obstruction wrenches"):

http://alloy-artifacts.org/billings-spencer-company-p3.html#m-series-open

Anonymous said...

I have a few 90-ish degree spanners; some bought new (Stahlwille 7/16" and 1/2") and the others second-hand. I was working on Harleys at the time, so the odd angles were useful for access. The Stahlwille ones are slim, too. D.

Mister G said...

Thanks, I missed that. 1/2" and 5/16" are an odd pair of sizes for a wrench. It must be for something specific.

Dave said...

I agree that's not a common size, now. But Billings, Armstrong etc show 1/2 x 5/16 stock wrenches back in the day so there must have been a need. For what, I don't know.

Beazld said...

Maybe for adjusting tappets on some engine?