Wednesday, July 8, 2026

NR750 cutaway


 The oval piston street bike. Surely, one of the most exotic production vehicles of all time. Honda made 300 and I bet very few were ever ridden more than a few miles. Said to be the inspiration for the styling of the Ducati 916.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It wasn't the most expensive bike listed at the time, either; Laverda were intent on building replicas of the V6 endurance race bike which was listed as more expensive, but I don't think that any were made. D.

JP said...

Just a single second machine was assembled from parts at the Dutch Laverda Museum. Build story here:

http://hogervorst.tech/laverda/index_uk.html

What price was that ugly Morbidelli V8 ?

Anonymous said...

I was in Italy (1990?) when both bikes were being touted around and bought various bike magazines, which I may or may not still have...

I also remember riding a full-power Cagiva Mito 125 there and getting my knee down - for the first and only time! - on a Moto Guzzi V35. A very sinuous road... D.

The Morbidelli was quite a while later, wasn't it?

jp said...

The Lav was over a decade earlier than both. Piero Laverda rode it at Spa (2015 ?), I was behind for a couple of demo laps, the music...