Sunday, July 12, 2026

Two stroke Jimmy diesel


 No action without the supercharger.


3 comments:

Dave said...

There was typically a spring-loaded door at the inlet to the blower, connected by cable to an E-STOP button in the vehicle cab or operator control area. Pushing that button would instantly release the spring and slam the door shut, stopping the engine instantly...much faster than taking it out of fuel.

Joe said...

When I was in trade school for auto repair the diesel repair class was still building Detroit Diesels and the standard procedure on initial start was to have one student holding a piece of plywood to clamp over the intake in case of runaway. There were stories of needing it and the student with the plywood was so frightened he dropped the wood and ran.

Dave said...

Now that you mention it I do remember hearing about the plywood. Thankfully I never had one run away but I did bog one down so slow I could hear and feel each cylinder fire individually, and it kept right on going.