Friday, July 24, 2020

1974 TS185



Many years ago, I used to run a 1977 version of the TS185 in the local enduros, great bike although outclassed by the time I got it. It went the way of all things and I put the word out that I was looking for another. This 1974 model appeared in my circle of friends and soon I had acquired a 20 year old virtually brand new, never been licenced, never been dropped sweetheart of a bike. I've been using it casually on the farm ever since. Always a one- three kick starter, it runs along happily at 20-50 mph, the motor purring and chuckling to itself. 
Still on the original tires 25 years later, I think it may have had the spark plug replaced once and I had to de rust the tank a few years back. The never-dropped aspect ended when a new rider we were teaching hit a tree. Oh well.
 Definitely a keeper.

 
A few years ago, it was joined by a blue 72, once again a pretty bike. Two of them was unnecessary, I found I never rode it so it got passed along to a good home.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice bikes, sure do recall those from many years ago. The heat guard on the exhaust pipe is the feature that stands out most to me on those 185s you have pictured.
Jim