Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Bultaco SherpaT 350




This model 125 Sherpa T came to me many years ago with a bad crankshaft, rusty and neglected. I wanted another Sherpa T of that vintage, as I think they are one of the most beautiful motorcycles ever made.  A shabby, arrogant and malevolent 250 SherpaT in Grabber Blue (bottom) was my first Bultaco and was the bike that started the addiction, 
Once the motor was removed for repair, it seemed wrong not to clean up the frame and seat and...and... eventually with a new rod and powder coated frame and much work and many parts, it was all ready to go. It's another one that doesn't get ridden enough. Production numbers are not known apparently, but this one is 772.





The original model 92, waiting for it's next victim.

3 comments:

Mike Silvius said...

You made me drool. Its been forty long years since I left mine behind.

rats said...

You have real good taste in bikes.
JD

JP said...

My Dad had a 350, my main recollection is of the kickstarter swinging through only a quarter-turn, and not starting anything but a string of curses...
It sounded like:

"BRRT" (*!!$%)..... "BRRT" (£°*!"!!)...... "BRRT" ($$!ยต**!)..., ad nauseam...