Saturday, August 20, 2022

Eclipse Tailbag


I've been using this Eclipse tailbag regularly since the early eighties, it's been just about perfect, Well constructed and waterproof with a handy zipped pocket on the front, it's just big enough for my use and has been durable enough to last about 40 years since I picked it up secondhand!
 But all good things... both zippers failed on my last trip.
 I see Eclipse is still in business so I should complain about "quality control" and "things not being made like they used to!" blah blah blah.  I do think it's telling that this bag is no longer in their current catalog, though.
 Kidding of course, no intention of retiring it yet, I'll see if I can get someone who sews better than me to fix it. 







 

4 comments:

rats said...

I am amazed that it's still waterproof. Stunned.

Mister G said...

Stunned may be too strong, I'm certainly very impressed!

Joe said...

Zippers don't look too bad in the photo. Are you sure you don't just need two new sliders, or are the teeth actually damaged that I can't see?

Mister G said...

The zippers pulled apart on their own volition unfortunately.