|Charles Maginley, The Ships of Canada's Marine Services,Vanwell Publishing 2003|
She became the Jalobert when she was transferred to Marine and Fisheries in 1923 and was the pilot vessel at Rimouski for the duration of WW2. From 1954 till 1965 she was the Macassa when she became the Queen City. In 1980 she was retired and was made into a floating restaurant "The Tugboat " in Windsor. Eventually she was retired once again and apparently still survives as a hulk in Detroit.
Kingston Shipbuilding enjoyed a prosperous time during both World Wars, with no ships launched between. Corvettes and minesweepers were built during WW2. Postwar, only one large vessel was built, the canaller Everest in 1950.
The yard was closed in 1968 and became the location of the Marine Museum of the Great Lakes in 1974.