The second locomotive acquired to build the Pacific end of the Canadian Pacific Railway was this "pony locomotive" named Emory- a yard locomotive formerly employed building the seawall in San Francisco. One of the first orders of business was the addition of a 4 wheel tender with 600 additional gallons of water. Nicknamed "Curly" it started work in 1881.
After railway was completed the locomotive was sold to B.C. Mills Timber & Trading and worked in several logging operations. In the 1920s it was restored by the CPR and placed on display in Vancouver. In 1973 it was moved to the Burnaby Village Museum where it has been since.