|Great Canadian Railway Stories. Volume 1. June 1993. The Trent Port Historical Society.|
Adolf Hungry Wolf; Canadian Railway Scenes No 1. Good Medicine Books 1983
This locomotive was built at Montreal Locomotive Works in October 1944 and was retired in 1959. It was initially on static display in Jasper but was restored to operating condition again by the railway in 1972. It was used for railfan trips in Ontario including this one photographed by Mister G near Perth Road Village in 1977. In 1980 it was presented to the Province of Alberta in 1980 and six years later made the trip to Expo 86 under its own power. In 1998 it moved to Stettler, Alberta where she remains today as the "Spirit of Alberta", hauling excursion trains every summer as Canada's largest operating steam locomotive. Visit her homepage at the Rocky Mountain Railway Society.