Sunday, February 28, 2021

A stylish table

Iron Age Feb2 1893

We saw the device for properly serving sardines from a box the other day, but what of the pickles we like to serve as a side dish? This grabber would be just the thing. But let's not stop there, these chicken-themed egg tongs and boiled egg holders, also maybe a dancing rabbit bowl stand  (below) would be tasty additions to any table.   After all, after a hard day sewing in the company of cherubs, we could all use an elegant and relaxing meal.
 Feb11 1893 The Metal Worker
 Old ads contributed by Ski. Uh, thanks! (I think)


3 comments:

rats said...

Goodness, Mr. G, you certainly have an eye for timeless tasteful table tongs (et cetera).

It cannot have escaped you (can it?) that the bowlwarming stand rabbits' spines are twisted to a grave and unlikely degree: Their lower limbs (er, they're upper here, but I think that's circumstantial not skeletal) are back to front. Note the evidently backward positioning of the feet and kneecaps, usually sure signs of forwardness.

... Which, then, the prominent protuberances concealed within their Speedos can't be fluffy cotton-ball tails, but must be big ol' stud-bunny wedding tackle! This is Victorian erotic art at its least fettered.

Please note that I point this out in the spirit of scientific observation, i.e., decidedly NOT as a matter of lurid prurient ogling. Thank you for understanding, for (probably) sharing my objectivity, and most importantly, for agreeing with me.

Mister G said...

I had noticed the strange contortions of the rabbits bodies, I had not noticed they were actually wearing pants (or speedos). Really weird, I agree.

WK said...

This is quite funny. I am Polish and my wife is second generation Canadian (Chinese) and her solution to the pickle problem is to use chopsticks. And now, when I get the pickle jar out I reach for the chopsticks instead of a fork.

Signed, a white guy who eats a lot of rice.