Charles Maginley, The ships of Canada's Marine Services, Vanwell Publishing 2003
The Admiral was a sidewheel steamer built by Niagara Harbour and Dock in 1843. First used as a passenger boat on the Toronto- Lewiston route she burned in 1853, was rebuilt and was contracted to the government for various duties in the St St. Lawrence. In 1862 she was sold again and converted to first a barkentine and later a schooner. She was scrapped in 1884.