Included with the machine was this box of attachments made by the Greist Manufacturing Company. There is not a lot of information on the web about this company. It may have started as a bicycle shop. The founder, John Milton Greist (1850-1906) apparently changed the spelling of his name around 1892, because his company was originally called the Griest Manufacturing Company. Below, from 1879:
|Smithsonian Sewing Machines|
|The American Stationer, 1879|
The Greist firm seems to have soldiered on until around the 1960's or 1970's, when the Japanese became ascendant in this market area.