Saturday, March 27, 2021

One of my vices is vises, Dawn


During some googling for the unknown offset vise I happened upon the name Dawn, an Australian company. According to the company website four brothers started the company in 1917, their first product being vices. the company quickly grew through WW2 and went through several owners till becoming proudly wholly Australian owned in 1998. The company is still going strong. I thought a heavy object like that wouldn't travel too far from home but then in a visit to an antique store last weekend, what's sitting in the shelf but a big beautiful Dawn vice! Coincidences! 

I have no space for another vice so I left it for someone else. The Dawn vice I really like is the offset one below. I'd retire another of my vises for that one!

Canadian Metalworking

No comments: