The Russian ZIS automobile company built limousines, and when they wanted to build a two seat racer in 1951, they went to the parts bin. The car rides on a 148" limousine wheelbase, was powered by a 6 litre engine developed to 192 hp but weighing 1046 lbs. As competitions were held during the day, a single headlight was considered enough. The whole car weighed 6300 lbs but was capable of 125 mph.
In 1954 the car was redesigned, losing 33 inches in wheelbase and 1500 lbs in weight. The car featured a new primitive plastic body, though what sort of plastic is unknown.