Monday, February 17, 2014

Bultaco Sherpa T Model 27

 


Found on Craigslist, this one owner bike had been sitting partially disassembled in a suburban garage for 30 years. The gentleman and wife were moving and this bike had to go to a new home.
 It's practically all there, even the alloy fenders. The best thing about buying a Bultaco- the boxes of parts that always come with them- contain pretty much everything that needs replacement. He told me he never abused the bike and I think it basically just needs a lot of cleaning and polishing. It turns over fine. I thanked him for oiling the cylinder all those years ago and loaded it up.

 


 Sammy Miller Replica winner 1965-67 Scottish Six Day Trial

 

4 comments:

Graham Clayton said...

Did you find a badge for the fuel tank?

Mister G said...

I did but I think it needs vinyl stickers to conform to the shape of the tank.

Joe said...

What a cool bike. joesvintagebikes.blogspot.com is my bicycle website. I have some old Bultacos. Very cool model you have here. Not sure why there is a speedometer on it though? Going to keep it and restore I hope?

Mister G said...

Thanks for the comment! It's a trials bike where some events require some road riding between sections.They also sometimes came with lights though this one did not.