Sunday, April 19, 2015
This 1865 vintage tank locomotive (without a headlight) was owned by the optimistically named Detroit and Milwaukee railroad, a line that had started as the Detroit and Pontiac receiving a charter to build between those cities in 1834. By 1858 they had reached Lake Michigan at Grand Haven and two years later were bankrupt. The line was reorganized as the Detroit and Milwaukee during which time the above locomotive was purchased. They too went bankrupt and after a couple more mergers etc, became part of the Canadian Grand Trunk Railway. No word on the fate of this ungainly little locomotive.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment