with apologies to Ogden Nash...
It appears the F.A.M. Endurance run was a big thing.
That would be some serious wind resistance. Good thing the helmets had ear flaps!https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/532fae45e4b0c530c24b888a/1475680697975-M8TAUR3CELJ7CARSQRZ6/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kKUqxey06Skhv_MqbTy9nXx7gQa3H78H3Y0txjaiv_0fDoOvxcdMmMKkDsyUqMSsMWxHk725yiiHCCLfrh8O1z5QPOohDIaIeljMHgDF5CVlOqpeNLcJ80NK65_fV7S1UfWR9vVE8LNOBP2sC4igi8JqIECjLcdoLolKR_lwkl4jYOORzIKSnx7H8LPBcCdTxA/image-asset.jpeg?format=750w
:-) Good looking bike!
In the 1920's Herman Sill bought an Indian delivery bike (a Dispatch-Tow) and was a courier in the streets of downtown Cleveland. These units were not known for their reliability, but Herman was a very good mechanic and kept his unit up and running. Soon, other couriers were asking Herman to work on their Indian's, so he kept doing more and more mechanical work. One day, when he was at the area distributor, a fellow suggested that Herman become an authorised dealer, to make more profit on selling the parts that he was using for repairs. He thought it over, and hence Sill's Motor Sales was formed. The original location was 3141 and 3145 Superior Ave., Cleveland. The building is still in existence and is used by the Auto Diesel Piston Rings Co.
Post a Comment