Maureen Madden (Editor). Letchworth Recollections. Egon Publishers Ltd., 1995.
Beginning in 1900 in London, Joseph van Hooydonk imported Minerva engines from his native Belgium to attach to bicycles. Initially, he called his company the Phoenix Motor Cycle Works but changed the name when he moved production to automobiles. The company moved to Letchworth in 1911 and staggered on until the late 1920's.
The cars in the factory pictured above look like the 1908 model pictured below.