A two seat French bomber/reconnaissance plane developed after World War 1. It was a successful design using Breguet's usual aluminum frame and in 1925, one fitted with larger fuel tanks held the world distance record. Various engines were fitted over the production, mostly liquid cooled V-12s.
As a bomber it could carry about 1000 lbs of bombs and was armed with four .303 machine guns. It served in various air forces in the interwar period, on both sides of the Spanish civil war and its last action was in the Greco Italian war of 1940-41, by this time hopelessly out of date. In total 2700 were built.
Post a Comment