|Antique Automobile, Mar-Apr 1992 issue|
A 1922 Winther pumper fire engine being tested in Kenosha, Wisconsin. The photo was sent to the customer to verify that the truck was built and was working. The truck was then painted and sent to the town of Logan in West Virginia.
The company had been founded by the Winther brothers in 1916, and supplied trucks to the US Navy during WW1. Winther built different styles of trucks in the 1 ton to 7 ton range that were used for a variety of purposes, till the business was sold in 1923.
Post a Comment