Monday, April 17, 2017

Mystery Tool: KS 16750 L 3


I picked up this little tool somewhere along the line.  I thought it would make a useful probe.

Out of curiousity, I googled it and was directed to the Classic Rotary Phones Forum. Turns out it's for removing the fingerwheel/dial from a rotary telephone, and also for removing the "totalizer" from a coin-operated phone.  There were four versions of this tool, and the L3 is apparently the least common. Old technology!  

I actually have several working rotary dial phones in my home, so if I ever have to remove their dials I guess I'll have to figure out how to use it.

3 comments:

youiswho said...

I have one of these. It looks exactly like the one pictured. Really like the thing and use it for work often. I looked up the number trying to find information because someone broke mine right where it tapers to the fine end and I would like a replacement. Have you seen them for sale anywhere?

Diesel Jim said...

What kind of work do you do?

Mister G said...

I'm a product designer, designing mostly consumer electronics. Why?